I’m a Plan II Honors, Religious Studies, and History triple-major at The University of Texas at Austin, expecting to graduate in the Spring of 2016. I’m passionate about writing, politics, history, religious studies, music (especially hip-hop) and comedy.
As a writer, my works have been published in The Dallas Morning News, The Huffington Post, The Austin American-Statesman, Reason, Austin Chronicle, Dallas Observer, OC Weekly, Phoenix New Times and The Daily Texan, among other publications. Since I was first published in 2011, I’ve written over 150 articles, including news stories, opinion columns, music reviews, interviews, profiles, research papers, listicles, humor pieces, and letters to the editor.
For more information, check out my “About” section.
- “Urban Rail: Which Way to Connect?” - Austin Chronicle - December 13, 2013 (This was the cover story for the December 13th print edition)
- “Meet the Dallas Doctors Using Music for Therapy” - Dallas Observer - July 15, 2013
- “Online Privacy: Technical, Political, or Both?” - Austin Chronicle – March 27, 2014
- “UT Faculty Engage on Memorial Museum” - Austin Chronicle – February 28, 2014
“For popular rapper, an unusual calling card: sobriety” - The Dallas Morning News - February 14, 2014 (This Points column was highlighted as one of the DMN Editorial Department’s best works of February 2014).
- “Learning the lessons of rejection” - The Austin American-Statesman - May 18, 2013 (A version of this column also appeared in The Dallas Morning News)
- “Don’t go gentle into that good night” - The Daily Texan - October 5, 2012
- “Debate: Should Performance-Enhancing Drugs Be Legalized?” - Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine - October 17, 2013
- “Mac Miller Talks About Religion, Twitter and His New Album, Which is His Best One Yet” - Dallas Observer - June 25, 2013
- “Big Sean, Roscoe Dash & Yung Nation | Dr. Pepper Arena″ - Dallas Observer - July 22, 2013
- “UT professor is academic by day, jazz musician by night” - The Horn – September 9, 2013
- “The 30 Most Disturbing Songs of All Time” - Dallas Observer - August 19, 2013 (Versions of my article also appeared in the Phoenix New Times and OC Weekly)
- “How Cynthia Fruth Became One of the Few Female Music Directors in The Catholic Church” - Dallas Observer – July 8, 2013