I’m a Plan II Honors, Religious Studies, History, and American Studies quadruple-major at The University of Texas at Austin, expecting to graduate in the Spring of 2016. I’m passionate about writing, politics, history, religious studies, music and comedy.
As a writer, my works have been published in The Dallas Morning News, The Huffington Post, The Austin American-Statesman, Austin Chronicle, Dallas Observer, OC Weekly, Phoenix New Times and The Daily Texan, among other publications. Since I was first published in 2011, I’ve written over 100 articles, including news stories, opinion columns, show reviews, music reviews, interviews, research papers, listicles, humor pieces, and letters to the editor.
For more information, check out my “About” section.
- “Urban Rail: Which Way to Connect?” for the Austin Chronicle, which was the cover story for the December 13th print edition.
- “Meet the Dallas Doctors Using Music for Therapy” for the Dallas Observer.
- “UT to Slash Memorial Museum Funding” for the Austin Chronicle.
- “Graffiti artist brings clothing company to Austin” for The Horn.
- “How Cynthia Fruth Became One of the Few Female Music Directors in The Catholic Church” for the Dallas Observer.
“For popular rapper, an unusual calling card: sobriety” for The Dallas Morning News.
- “Learning the lessons of rejection” for The Austin American-Statesman (A version of this column also appeared in The Dallas Morning News).
- “Don’t go gentle into that good night” for The Daily Texan.
- “Debate: Should Performance-Enhancing Drugs Be Legalized?” for Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine.
- “Put the brakes on texting bans” for The Horn.