I’m a Plan II Honors, Religious Studies, and History triple-major at The University of Texas at Austin, expecting to graduate in the Spring of 2016. I’m passionate about writing, politics, history, religious studies, music (especially hip-hop) and comedy.
As a writer, my works have been published in The Dallas Morning News, The Huffington Post, The Austin American-Statesman, Austin Chronicle, Dallas Observer, OC Weekly, Phoenix New Times and The Daily Texan, among other publications. Since I was first published in 2011, I’ve written over 100 articles, including news stories, opinion columns, show reviews, music reviews, interviews, research papers, listicles, humor pieces, and letters to the editor.
For more information, check out my “About” section.
- “Urban Rail: Which Way to Connect?” for the Austin Chronicle, which was the cover story for the December 13th print edition.
- “Meet the Dallas Doctors Using Music for Therapy” for the Dallas Observer.
- “Graffiti artist brings clothing company to Austin” for The Horn.
- “Online Privacy: Technical, Political, or Both?” for the Austin Chronicle.
- “How Cynthia Fruth Became One of the Few Female Music Directors in The Catholic Church” for the Dallas Observer.
“For popular rapper, an unusual calling card: sobriety” for The Dallas Morning News (This Points column was highlighted as one of the DMN Editorial Department’s best works of February 2014).
- “Learning the lessons of rejection” for The Austin American-Statesman (A version of this column also appeared in The Dallas Morning News).
- “Don’t go gentle into that good night” for The Daily Texan.
- “Debate: Should Performance-Enhancing Drugs Be Legalized?” for Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine.